Wednesday, October 28, 2009

a gift

tonight,
Tal said "I want you, mom" and needed me in a way that he hasn't in awhile.
He was cold,
getting out of the bath, wet, tired, and cold.
I wrapped around an extra towel, pulled him close,
and he gifted me with sweet smiles and then
eskimo kisses,
lots,
looking each other in the eyes,
giving eskimo kisses.

I helped him with his jammies,
brushed his teeth, and tucked him in.
It had been a long day, and he needed his mom to take care of him,
not encourage him to do it on his own,
not make it a teaching moment, just serve him
and be his mommy.

Now that he's five, these moments are few and far between, but tonight was one that I consider a gift.

Thank you, Jesus, for your good and perfect gifts!

2 comments:

Amber said...

ahh that little guy is soo sweet!

ethan asked me today if tal was named after "talented" because God gave him special talents... i thought it was sweet logic.

FRANSZTASTIC said...

what a great post ali...love you! love tall too!